Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Carey On!

There's this one film that I am really looking forward to watch. Since I just saw the trailer of the film and I don't want to pretend that I know a lot about it, I searched a synopsis of the movie.

Jenny ( Carey Mulligan) a very bright girl on the cusp of her 17th birthday, finds herself in a whirlwind romance with the much older David ( Peter Sarsgaard). Prior to meeting him, Jenny was working hard at secondary school to ensure getting to Oxford University. When she sees the lifestyle David can provide, one she never imagined could be hers, she's hooked and thoughts of Oxford are forgotten. Then, when things are looking pretty good for Jenny with the dashing ( yet a little too smooth) David, the truth hits her like a ton of bricks. Jenny goes from being a bright eyed school girl and a sophisticated young lady, all the way back to questioning if she really knows who she is at all.

Carey Mulligan is as cute as a button. Her portrayal in the movie is very convincing and her naivety and ignorance is full of sincerity. I was glad that finally, she won a Best Actress award for this film.


She just looks adorable and may I say, that she's just the girlfriend of Transformers cutie Shia LaBeouf.

Watch the trailer here..

2 comments:

  1. "I feel old, but not very wise." -Jenny

    Nice one. Let's watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ko nga alam kung napalabas na tong movie dito satin e..

    pero mukhang hindi pa naman..

    ReplyDelete