Friday, July 23, 2010

Sports Boo-Boos

I’ve just been through a great ordeal. Just recently, I was crushed like a plastic cup and thrown into the trash. Even now, my heart pounds of frustration. My PBA team lost. My Barangay Ginebra Kings wasn’t able to reach into the semi final round of what should be the Tubid-Cardona face-off.

Theywerethisclose in winning that match up against the Alaska Aces, but I guess this loss will serve as a way for them to rethink the organization of the team. Seriously, a lot of these players are the best in their field, but as a team, they just couldn’t reconnect. New coach? Trade players? I don’t know.

Rumors are everywhere, but these will stay as rumors until the final word comes out. I just hope that those changes will be for the good of the team. As a fan, I will give my team a chance to regain their strength and confidence to play a decent game again.

Sportsmanship. It’s one essential value to bear in mind if you are considering to be an athlete or even just a die-hard fan of any athlete or team. Sportsmanship, nobility, humility - but not everyone can handle this.

When it comes to sports, the people involved, more than humility and sportsmanship possesses pride and aggressiveness. A lethal combo if you ask me, because people will do everything just to keep their pride intact. That’s where the technical fouls and the red cards come in. These serves as a warning for the players to try to loosen up and keep a clean game.

And sometimes, people just love to hate. They just love to feed their pride by squashing their opponents. And probably the best way to do this is through words. Bad words. You hear it everywhere. You hear it between the legions of fans of Kobe and Lebron. You hear it between Serena Williams and well, everyone she wanted to hate. You hear it between rivals, teammates, coaches and most especially, the fans. Lastly, you hear it from Floyd Mayweather Sr.

That “old hermit” has been badmouthing Manny Pacquiao for a long time now. Funny though, their team hasn’t even got the balls to fight this “little Filipino midget”.  I am not a fan of Pacquiao, but those Mayweathers are being racist about this.

I hope Manny gets to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr and beat him into smithereens. That’s for his father’s rudeness and “unsportsmanly attitude”, even if I just made that word up.

And now, back to my basketball "freakness".


No comments:

Post a Comment