Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Recovery of Mr. Em

Track back my high school days, one of the most influential artists in the world was a "white" rapper called Eminem.

His songs were memorized by teenage boys trying to dress like him with their baggy clothes and Em’s signature shaved hair. I wasn’t really a fan of his music, what with all the words and stories he likes to tell, but I was always looking forward to see his music videos. They’re usually flooded with parodies and comedic stunts, and in rare cases, a deep story behind it.

But just like any other globally-followed personality, he slowly drifted off the limelight. I’m not saying that I miss him, but just like any trend, they keep on coming back better in time.

And Eminem is now back on track. I was just listening to his latest single, Love the way you lie, with Rihanna singing the infectious chorus. I love it! I guess I have never loved any Eminem song than this.
Who's that dude
I don't even know his name
I laid hands on her
I'll never stoop so low again
I guess I don't know my own strength
I heard his album, Recovery, is doing quite well too. And so I say this, “It’s nice to have you back sir!”

No comments:

Post a Comment