Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The case of the missing Grissom


I love CSI…and I never tire of declaring this.

This past long weekend, my kapatids found ourselves watching CSI Season 11. I recently purchased a pirated copy and was disappointed that it only has 15 episodes instead of 22.

But we enjoyed the stretch nonetheless. With a lot of interesting crimes that involved bombs, latex-wearing serial killer, wolves vs. vampires and a lot more of a psycho serial killer, the season was the bomb! (pun intended)

But something still doesn’t feel right. I’m having a bad case of missing Grissom, more than Sarah does. Grissom and his wise words, and his exasperation on unsolved cases; his intensity and the love for bugs


He is, after all, the “father” of CSI. He was the uncool hero. The uncool hero who doubles as a nerd and possesses a weird, but sometimes, acceptable outlook in life.

He was the original thinking man of CSI.

I’ve read recently that Laurence Fishbourne, the actor who replaced Grissom, would not return next season and it got me hoping that maybe, MAYBE Grissom can come back.

But that would mean a lot of complications to the team. Catherine has replaced him, even overtook his office. Catherine’s position is now Nick’s, so is her office. A lot of adjustments if you ask me, but the most intriguing would be his marriage with Sarah.

Would Ecklie allow them to work together in a team or would Sarah have to be carried on another team? Or Grissom could replace Ecklie? But that would only mean that he will see less action on their cases.

I wish he never left. I wonder what his views would be regarding the cases he missed. Dr. Jekyll, Squeegel, Justin Bieber’s Jason McCann…the possibilities are endless.

I miss him. 

Come back Grissom, and don’t forget to bring back that “bug-loving” swag of yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment