Monday, June 6, 2011

ADELE-ightful choice of music


Music is my constant weapon.

Whenever I am happy, I belt out a song, without even bothering the tonal quality of my voice.

Whenever I am mad, I sing Tagalog-staples-of-hate song.

And whenever I am sad, I drown myself with songs and lyrics of loneliness and heartaches.

And so, I am picky with my playlist. A song on my playlist can last as long as a year. I remember obsessing over Sarah Bareilles’ songs in 2009, Katharine Mcphee’s in 2010 and now, I am all over Adele.

I cannot even remember how it all started. I was a fan of Chasing Pavements when it was first released a couple of years back, and upon learning of her new album, I was curious of the songs she has in stored.

First of the tracks that I listened to was Rolling in the deep, and upon watching it on Glee, I also tracked Turning Tables.

These two songs started to get my “LSS” mode on. I couldn’t stop singing it in my head. Then I started looking for other songs on her album 21, and from there, I came across the song Someone like you, Don’t you remember, Set fire to the rain and Rumor has it. Just recently, I also got to listen to her song Take it all and her version of The Cure’s Lovesong. All these songs have been well documented on my Tumblr account and some of my friends have been fans too.

Mia and I even wanted to start a campaign for Adele lovers through Adele-icious.

Adele describes her songs as “heartbreak soul”, as most of the tracks in her recent album are centered to her personal heartaches.

I am a fan, and people might say that this obsession can be a fad as her album is scorching hot at the charts, but as you have noticed, among her songs in the said album, only 3 has been played at the airwaves. I really admire most of her songs and I think that some of it was not at par.

I don’t go all-out Adele with banners and posters and every what-nots around there. I am a fan of her heartbreaks and how she deals with it through her songwriting.

Really, I am a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment