Monday, May 30, 2011

The basketball gods must hate me.

It wasn't my year. I just knew it.

Wait, it wasn't my year in basketball.

Ginebra lost to Talk n' Text at the Finals and the Lakers bowed to Dallas, earlier than expected.

It's enough that one of my hated teams won and painstakingly beat my team in PBA, but come on. MIAMI HEAT going to the FINALS?! The basketball gods must hate me.

It wasn't just then that I bashed "King" James also known as LBJ (can't have his name printed here.NOPE.) And now, I'm about to eat my words. Or not.

In a miraculous turn of events, the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks are heading to an NBA Finals collision of some sort. That, after betting that Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City Thunder will be the ones battling it out. A younger team with Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant. Come on! That's like the youngest rivalry in years now.

Or maybe I'm just a bitter fan. A bitter LA Lakers fan who was disappointed and scared that LBJ has a clear shot to get a ring, and even the Finals MVP title to boot.

What's worse is that I am no fan of the Mavs. I can't root on some team that I barely know the players, save for Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry and Jason Kidd. While I was a fan of Jason Kidd, it seems that it's not enough to go with Dallas.

And now the worst, I am betting my shoulder-grazing feather earrings that the Miami Heat will win this one. I admit, I loved D-Wade, but since his partnership with LBJ, he was kind of a collateral damage. Suffice to say, the Bosh-Wade-James trio really made a whole lot of difference to the team. That, with the guidance of Fil-Am coach Erik Spoelstra.

So YES, I am rooting for Miami Heat.
1.) because of my former love for D-Wade
2.) because of the teamwork they built regardless of their "superstar" status and
3.) because of Pinoy pride.

But let me get this straight -  I am rooting for Miami Heat as a team with the better chance at winning the Finals, but I am still not rooting for LBJ or whoever he thinks he will be after this Finals series.


Gahd, the *bitter* truth hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment