Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why do I love Glee?

Why do I love thee?
Let me count the ways..

Well, enough of the diplomacy. I guess that's one of the major contributions of US hit TV series, Glee, in the world of broadcast media. For me, it was a breath of fresh air among the countless TV shows focusing on crime (I still love CSI), science, fiction and even fallacies. The charm that Gossip Girl has sent us is slowly drifting away and the comedy of 30 Rock ages along with its actors (I still love Tina Fey though).

Glee is a musical TV show that's been hitting the waves all over the world. Being a music lover as I am, I was really thrilled that such show was born. Think High School Musical without the "tweetums" moments and a huge production on song numbers that are beyond compare. From its first 13 episodes, I personally liked their performance on " Somebody to Love" and the solo performances of Finn ("Can't Fight this Feeling") and Puck ("Sweet Caroline").

Glee is about a group of high school misfits who are trying to regain their "loser" disposition by singing their lungs and hearts out. My favorite characters would have to be Rachel Berry and Cheerios coach Sue Sylvester. The exaggeration of their roles is what makes the show a laugh-out-loud fest. You don't need to be a music lover to love the show because the characters and the storyline were very well thought of.

Still, not everyone digs this. Some people finds the show "OA" and corny, and that's cool. Because the members of the William McKinley Highschool's Glee Club has really been regarded as such.

So, why do I love Glee?
Songs revisited+Losers+Jocks+Cheerios+Sue+Mr.Schu+Rachel=Total Fiasco!

No comments:

Post a Comment